Welcome to the Paper-doll World of...
What's New on the Site!
- In Article Archive: “LITTLE WOMEN”, David's 3-sheet 2014 Christmas Card, inspired by the vintage M-G-M movie.
- In Now Available! “FABULOUS FASHIONS of THE FEMME FATALES of FILM NOIR”. Paper doll book. The dark, moody mystery films of the ‘40s and ‘50s inspire this brand new book featuring four dolls based on the stars of Film Noir, dangerous dames as portrayed by Lauren Bacall, Barbara Stanwyck, Rita Hayworth, Joan Bennett. Eight pages of costumes from classics such as “Double Indemnity,” “Gilda,” “Scarlett Street” and more. Available later this year from Paper Studio Press.
- In Article Archive: “MY FAVORITE FILM: GONE WITH THE WIND” As seen in Issue #108 of Paper Doll Studio Magazine, David explains his almost life-long love of the famed Civil War epic film made from Margaret Mitchell’s legendary best-selling novel. Included are four new paper dolls created just for the article: Scarlett, Rhett, Mammy and Prissy.
- In Now Available! "CONNIE FRANCIS" PAPER DOLL BOOK. She became most popular singer of the '50s with hits like "Who's Sorry Now?" and "Stupid Cupid." She had a brief movie career, starring in "Where the Boys Are" and several other frothy musicals. A true fashionista, her wardrobe was high style and this new book features many of her outfits from concerts, TV appearances and movies. Available soon from paperdollreview.com.
What's Coming Soon!
- Work-in-Progress! "All Time Great Fashion Icons of the 20th Century." A book celebrating two women whose style, grace and beauty influenced women all around the world. First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and Diana, Princess of Wales. Though decades apart, they each were admired and imitated. This new paper doll book will compare their public images and wardrobe similarities, both dressed for their public roles in the media spotlight.